Welcome to Derek's Poker Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2006

WPBT HORSE Tourney

After bubbling out of several tournaments, I got back on the saddle and signed up for the WPBT HORSE event that April set up on Full Tilt Poker.

I did very well and finished in 4th place. I was really glad to make the money especially after a painful 24 hour period of getting kicked in the junk time after time.

In total, I bubbled out of 4 large field tourneys (starting late Thursday night going through early Friday evening). Luckily, I ended the drought by cashing in 2 consecutive tourneys. Wooot!


Final Standings

Congrats to Biscutblocker for winning the event. He beat out Scurvydog in heads up play. It was a tough 3 way battle at the end with Garth finishing in 3rd. Great job guys!


Final Table


I even got a chance to drop the hammer at the final table!


Behold . . . the Hammer!


I had a pretty big stack at the final table and was in first place for a bit. I blew it when I donked off most of my stack in Omaha 8OB. That's my least favorite HORSE game. In fact, I'm starting to prefer PLO these days to O8 and I thought I'd never say that!

I lost a big hand to Garth when I flopped trips and he turned a full house. But the hand that put me on tilt is captured below. I folded this hand by mistake and lost focus after that. I should've scooped! I had a 7 high straight and the wheel for the low.

The implosion of Derek started shortly afterwards. Thankfully, I was still able to finish in 4th.


HORSE tilt


Thanks again to April for setting this event up! I had a blast! Until next time guys!

8 Comments:

At 1/21/2006 10:29 PM, Blogger April said...

Great job Derek!!

Thanks for playing!

 
At 1/22/2006 12:05 AM, Blogger Pauly said...

Congrats!

 
At 1/22/2006 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's something wrong in that last screen cap "Horse Tilt". Am I reading it wrong or did you not get the pot for both hi/lo? Looking at the other hand they only had a 65 low and AA for high, whereas you had a perfect low and and straight to the 7???

What am I missing?

Ken

 
At 1/22/2006 2:40 PM, Blogger Derek McG said...

Ken: I mucked the hand by mistake. That's why I lost. That's just the hand history screen shot.

 
At 1/22/2006 8:43 PM, Blogger Jaxia said...

Congrats :)

 
At 1/23/2006 12:44 AM, Blogger jremotigue said...

Well done!

 
At 1/26/2006 12:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was going to say the same thing as Ken.

You'd only lose to a flush for the high. :(

 
At 2/09/2006 10:42 AM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

I like what you are doing over here at this site...I like the work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home