Welcome to Derek's Poker Blog

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Cooler

I was involved in a pretty wild poker hand a few nights ago. It happened in a NL tournament that I was playing in with Paul and Grubby. The field was pretty large too. It was a 3,500 person MTT. Yeah . . . it was a pretty fucking large ass tourney!

I quadrupled up in a pretty sick hand. I was dealt 6s-8s in the BB. Ks-Kd came in for a minimum raise in EP. 5c-5d and Qh-Ah both called.

I thought the amount of the EP preflop raise was a little weird so I put the guy on a monster hand. I said fuck it and called. I decided to defend my blind especially since there was 3 other people in the pot and it didn't cost me too much more to play.

The flop came down: 4h-5h-7s. Wow! I flopped a straight. The guy who had Qh-Ah was in the SB and bet his nut flush draw. I decided to min-raise figuring the guy with K-K was going to re-raise. Now I obviously didn't realize that the 3rd player had a set. Boy was this pot really nice for me.

The guy with K-K re-raised like I thought he would but then the set of 5's re-raised again. I'm sure you get the picture as to what happened next. All 4 of us were all-in on the flop. The turn and river cards were an Ac and 3s respectively. I took down a monster pot and made a nice run until I got knocked out in 243rd place. This was a crazy hand!

Moral of the story
: Don't raise my big blind!!

1 Comments:

At 11/10/2005 10:21 AM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Humor....nice hand. Poor fools...not to mention you outlasted a lot of the field.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home