Welcome to Derek's Poker Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Boathouse Bash 2005 - Part 2

Friday, September 23rd

Paul and I ate at Denny's again for the second time in less than 8 hours. I haven't been to Denny's in forever. Afterwards, we headed over to watch Spaceman play at the Taj Mahal. Paul and I hung out with Mrs. Spaceman and told her about last year's Boathouse Bash. The USPC tourney structure sucked ass and the blinds/antes were getting pretty high. Jason eventually got KO'd as the shortstack. I had a great time watching him play and talking to Mrs. Spaceman.

Paul and I took off for the pre-Bash party. It was time to hang out with AlCantHang, Eva, Big Mike, Stb, Bob, and Landow. They were waiting at the Boathouse for us! Big Mike and Al were great all trip. Big Mike paid for alot a drinks and alot of other things too. He and Al were great hosts all weekend. They made sure everyone was having fun. By the way, Big Mike also did a great job raising money for charity this weekend. He's the man! I must thank him, Al and Eva for a great time. They were awesome to hang out with and party with. Thanks guys!

Highlights of the night:
  • Watching Big Mike down two full glasses of SoCo upon walking into the bar after work.
  • Watching Big Mike tip almost 100% of the bill.
  • Watching Big Mike clandestinely slip the hotel customer service girl some cash to take care of his family!
  • Getting completely shitfaced wasted drinking beer and SoCo all night.
  • Watching Bobby Huge Junk get a lap dance. His junk was thrice confirmed.
  • Getting flashed and seeing some spectacular boobies (Boathouse Bash foreshadowing).
  • Watching Al shake his ass and dance in protest all by himself. He was ticked at the music selection.
  • Watching StB drink 17 different kinds of beer and then some without falling off the bar stool!
  • Big Mike and Al started doing dial a shots and Badblood was one of the few to pick up the phone. Boy was he a smart man! He was home on Friday night with no plans of coming to Philly. By the end of the phone conversation, Badblood was packing for Saturday's party.
  • Watching Paul lose a prop when he couldn't finish 6 crackers in less than a minute without drinking water.
  • Listening to Bob and Stb sing Footloose on the way home from the diner.
After drinking from like 4:20pm to around 1am, Stb and Al thought it would be great to eat some food. I definitely drank too much and puked as soon as we got to the diner. I puked 5 full times this go around. The funny thing is that I puked last year but it was on Landow's front lawn. This year it was in a parking lot right up against another car. lol. Landow told me that we were really close to his place too. Darn, I wanted to puke on his lawn again! Next year Landow! Supposedly, I puked so loud that Eva and Paul could hear me in the diner.

Bed time. BOATHOUSE Bash is on Saturday!


Saturday, September 24th

I woke up fine even though I puked the night before. I knew there wouldn't be a running of the Lewey this year but something was going to happen . . . you could just feel it.

Highlights of the day:

  • Playing in the 2005 Good & Plenty Classic. Before we headed to the Boathouse, Paul, StB, Bob, and myself played a quick SNG in our hotel suite. We used candy for poker chips. I lost to Stb in heads up play when I bet into his nut flush. I actually hit a few gutshots against Steve but he eventually won the first ever Good & Plenty Classic!


StB Wins!
  • Coloring up the white Good & Plenty's for sugar packets.
  • Having two poker tables going on at the Boathouse before the party started. One table was spreading 2-4 Horse. Otis, Bad Blood, Joaquin, Mike, Helixx, and Bob played at that one. The rest of us played No Limit. Just like Paul, I lost 2 buy-ins totaling $80. We played with Spaceman, F Train, Carter, Stephanie, StB, Landow, and Rachel. I lost most of my money on two hands. In both hands I had a straight on the turn and lost to a river full house. Ouch! The craziest hand I played was against Mrs. Spaceman. I had A-K and she had Q-Q. We had a preflop raising war until I finally moved all in. She thought for a while and eventually called. It was a huge hand. The flop was Q-J-8. Rachel flopped a set but I hit a straight on the turn with a 10. The crowd went wild but exploded even louder when Landow dealt a 10 on the river. I lost my stack. It was an amazing hand and Mrs. Spaceman played it very well. You know what happened next, right? REBUY on table 2!!!! The poker action was great and I had a blast playing with everyone.
  • Free Booze!
  • Free Boobies!
  • Nice beaver!
  • Explaining to Otis, that if it weren't for Philly and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania would just be Arkansas.


Me and Otis

The Boathouse Bash was so crazy and wild that there is too much to recant. The conversations were great and hilarious. If you want to know more, then you'll just have to show up for next year's bash. All I can say is that I saw multiple breasts during the party and even caught a glimpse of some beaver. A few other bloggers saw it too but I won't mention their names just in case their wives read this. I love the person who invented Mardi Gras Beads! Yeah!!!

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. The party was great. The music was great. Badblood got some metal fix! The Al Can't Hang Experience played again this year. The company was awesome and bar none. I had a really great time and wish we all could've partied together for one more day. I can't wait until next year's Bash! Once again, thanks to Al, Eva, and Big Mike for throwing another great party. BigMike and the gang raised a bunch of money for a great cause.


Sunday, September 25th

Paul and I got up early and ran home to watch the football games or as I like to call it . . . the Jet debacle. I can't believe there's going to be a Vinny Testeverde Era, Part 2. It's going to be a long football season in New York.

3 Comments:

At 9/28/2005 6:00 PM, Blogger BadBlood said...

It's true what they say, Derek. You are the KING of puke and rally!

Until next time my friend....

 
At 9/30/2005 4:23 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Finally, the types of posts that you should be writing every time.

Of course, I had a ball and look forward to doing it again real soon.

 
At 10/04/2005 8:57 AM, Blogger StB said...

Always nice to see a picture of me winning a poker game and looking like I passed out!

Awesome time Derek. You need to do this again in Vegas in December!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home