Welcome to Derek's Poker Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Pokerstars and Hurricane Katrina Recap

I played in the Pokerstars charity event last night and finished in 5th place. Wil Wheaton helped get this relief tourney going with Lee Jones. Many thanks go out to them and Otis for setting this up. Pokerstars raised a ton of money for the hurricane victims. Thankfully, a very large field played . . . . 2,212 people to be exact! Wil kicked butt and finished in 20th place. Nice job Wil!!! There were also a ton of poker bloggers playing in this event. Thanks to every single one of them who played and watched as the night went on!


Gordie Lachance is at my table??

Helixx kicked some major ass too! He will now henceforth be known as "Big Sexy." Big Sexy finished in 13th place. Good job my man!! A player named DavidK won the event. Congrats to him for playing great! A job well done. DavidK actually KO'd me from the tourney. I had the final table chip lead and blew it all to him in two hands. Oh well. I had a great time!!


Final Standings

I had over $1million in chips at one point when the final table was down to 6 handed play. DavidK KO'd me and eventually won the event. Congrats again David! I lost a chunk of my chips when my AK lost out to David's AJ. He was all in and I doubled him up when a J hit the turn. Ouch! Later on, I was KO'd when my KJ lost to his KQ. The flop came down K-Q-7 and I was toast from there. I had some outs when a T hit the turn but I didn't get any help on the river. Oh well. I had a blast and made a good run. Plus, a ton of money was raised for the hurricane vicitms. Nice job everyone!



a cool $1mil in chips, eh!


DavidK won the event when he took down Stardawg in heads up play. Good job guys! Ironically, Stardawg KO'd Wil. Too funny!! Many thanks also goes out to the 2000+ people that signed up and made a donation to the Hurricane Katrina victims. Thanks! Don't forget, there are 3 more events on Pokerstars!


Heads up

7 Comments:

At 9/13/2005 7:51 AM, Blogger April said...

You did great D!

 
At 9/13/2005 9:23 AM, Blogger spanky said...

you rule.

 
At 9/13/2005 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic job, Derek! Congrats - you are turning into a fearsome tourney player 8^)

 
At 9/13/2005 10:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well played Derek!!

 
At 9/13/2005 11:05 AM, Blogger Daddy said...

Your NLHE tourney game is sick!

 
At 9/13/2005 4:15 PM, Blogger Ignatious said...

way to go D!!

 
At 9/13/2005 6:17 PM, Blogger Ugarles said...

Wow. I went out in 300th when I overplayed the nut flush draw against a guy with cowboys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home