Welcome to Derek's Poker Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Borgata Poker Open

I won a seat to today's Borgata satellite on Full Tilt Poker. There were 201 players in it. The top 3 places got a package to the WPT's Borgata Poker Open. I got KO'd in 71st place. Damn! It was a tough loss too but oh well. I won a seat to this satellite yesterday by finishing in 2nd place in a Multi Table qualifier. I almost won it too but it didn't matter since we both got the seat to the satellite.


Peter Webber


Spaceman and Badblood were cool enough to stop by and root me on. Thanks guys! I couldn't get anything going in the tourney. Every time I raised preflop, everyone folded. I had 12 preflop raises for wins before I got a single call from anyone. So all my early wins were small pots. As soon as the blinds got high enough in the later stages, my only move was all in. I won a few pots this way and even 2x up a couple of times but eventually got KO'd when I lost a race. I moved all in with AK and got called by 66. The flop was 2-3-5. No help for me but the turn card was a K. Suckout time! Unfortunately, the river was a 4. I hit a straight but so did my opponent and his was higher so I was done. My junk is still hurting! Oh well. Next time!



Kicked in the junk!

3 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last I checked, 2-3-4-5 wasn't a straight.
duh! ;-)

 
At 9/13/2005 3:52 AM, Blogger Derek McG said...

huh, really? i guess you can't read then. my final hand was A2345 and my opponent's was 23456. funny, because both hands look like straights to me. duh!

 
At 9/13/2005 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops. I forgot about the Ace.
I should just shut up now.
(putting foot in mouth, now.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home