Welcome to Derek's Poker Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Home Game

Sunday, September 26th

I played in a poker game at a BBQ the day after Al Can't Hang's party. It was low limit. $3 was the max bet. We rotated the poker games every full orbit around the table. We played 5 Card Draw, Limit Holdem, 7 Card Stud, Follow the Queen, and Guts. Follow the Queen is just like 7 Card Stud but there's wild cards. The queen is always wild. Any card that comes immediately after the queen is also wild but that card can change if another queen comes out. 5 of a kind is frequent in this game. Follow the queen killed me. I had 5 threes and lost a huge pot to 5 Kings. My first 5 cards were 3-Q-Q-5 (wild in this hand)-3 and lost to runner runner 5 Kings. Ouch. I lost a $60 pot. I won most of it back in a game called Guts. There's a progressive pot that builds up after a while. I hit the hand that won the biggest progressive pot of the night. And I did it with A high. I beat everyone including the ghost hand. Gotta love that. We had one buy-in and one person walked away with all the money at the end of the night. The night ended when the heads up play turned to NL Holdem. Q's full beat 6's full and ended the poker game. I drank alot of alcohol at the BBQ and ate even more food. I had a great weekend. I also made plans with my brother to go to Las Vegas. Vegas can't come any sooner!!

1 Comments:

At 10/15/2004 5:35 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

I'm always the guy to get beaten by the ghost (we call him Herbie) and it always happens with the biggest pots and when I have a seemingly unbeatable hand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home