Welcome to Derek's Poker Blog

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Back from Veags

I took the red eye home from Vegas. It sucks to be back home. I would've loved to stay a few more days. I landed at 9am today and I am tired as shit but the trip was fun. Check out Pauly's site for photos he took during the trip. I spent the last few hours of my trip at the Rio. I was watching Paul and FlipChip in action. They both had front row seats to the final table. I saw Paul with his laptop out talking to David Williams. I was sitting in the stands watching the final table. I was there for awhile before I realized that I was less than 2 feet away from the tray that was holding the cash prizes. I could reach out and touch it if I had the balls . . . . or stupidity. The only thing between me and a million + dollars was an old security guard. Well, that and a million video cameras. I've never seen that much money up close. It was exciting.

Boy Genius has a funny Pete Rose story to tell. More info to come on the Vegas trip. Stay tuned . . .

3 Comments:

At 6/08/2005 8:02 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

I'm at the double tree in Somerset. I have this weekend completely off, and the following weekend I have off after 4 or so on saturday. Al and crew will be in Atlantic City on the weekend of the 18th and I'd like to head up there after my saturday crap. Other than that I'm game for whatever. Give me a call at the hotel or get my celly number from Pauly (or the spreadsheet)

Talk to you soon!

 
At 6/09/2005 10:02 AM, Blogger Easycure said...

Derek, it was awesome meeting you in Vegas. Too bad we didn't have more time....to get rowdy, or rowdier, I guess.

Can't wait for the next trip.

 
At 6/10/2005 12:47 AM, Blogger Ignatious said...

once again, it was freaking great to party with you. thanks for allowing me to hang with you guys.

derek > iggy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home