Welcome to Derek's Poker Blog

Friday, May 13, 2005

WPBT WSoP Satellite #4

Poker Stars

Iggy's hosting a fourth and final tournament this Sunday for the $1500 NL event, which will take place on June 3rd at the Rio in Las Vegas. Here's your last shot at a seat. It's open to readers and bloggers.



No Limit Satellite for the $1500 WSoP Event
Sunday May 15th
9pm EST
$30 + $3
Password: tequila

If you don't plan on going to Vegas in June, then don't sign up for this satellite. We have three people going. Bob, Russell, and Wes. So sign up now!

The last time I played in a PokerStars event, I severely bad beated Sean. I felt really bad but it happens. After I did it, some clown/observer kept heckling me about the hand. He kept it up for awhile. Soon he found out I was Dr. Pauly's brother and he started to apologize and be nice to me. So why be a rude asshole and then change your attitude when you find out who I am. It's one thing to rib someone if you know them. I could deal with a few comments but not repeated comments when you're not even at the table. Too many people go over board with their smart comments. Treat everyone the same, don't be a jerkoff and show some class. Remember, this is supposed to be fun too. It's pretty easy to be a tough guy online. In person is another. Later on, I got seated at his table. lol. That was interesting to say the least. So let's have some fun and see who can win another seat. Good luck everyone!!

3 Comments:

At 5/15/2005 3:03 PM, Blogger Pauly said...

Yeah I remember that incident. I wasn't impressed with how he treated you.

 
At 5/17/2005 6:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Derek ... I've posted the below on my own blog as well.

Cheers,
Pokerpundit

Update: I owe an apology to Derek, who is a fine young player. Some of the comments I made during this tournament were taken as a personal affront. Sometimes, my humor doesn't come across as well in written form as it would if I was speaking to the person. I made comments along the lines of "How can you lose now?" Derek jumped out to a tremendous lead during the very early stages of the tournament, putting bad river beats not just on me, but on several other players.

My comments ... in retrostpect, could easily have been taken as derogatory, and were. They were meant in the spirit of fun (it's not at all uncommon for the assembled blogger/railbirds to poke fun at each other). But, as some of these bloggers don't know me very well, some of the things I said could have seemed mean. So Derek ... I apologize. I know if we ever do meet in person, you'll come to quickly realize that I'm not the tough guy you think I am trying to be. I'm just a wise-crack who should know by now that a text medium doesn't lend itself to that type of humor.

 
At 5/19/2005 9:49 AM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Cool. It seems like it's been put to rest. I agree with what both of you said...glad it's water under the bridge...now let's deal'em.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home