Welcome to Derek's Poker Blog

Sunday, May 01, 2005

WPBT WSoP Event - Satellite # 2

PokerStars
May 1st, 2005

63 bloggers played tonight. I finished in 7th place. PokerPundit KO'd me. I was the shortstack and moved all in with AJo and lost to his A7o. He hit trips and I was done. I got pretty damn close but didn't make it in the end. Congrats to ABVidale for winning the seat! Both he and Bob will be going to the $1500 NL WSoP event on June 3rd. Good luck guys! Thanks to Iggy and Otis for setting this thing up again. I had a blast.

I was seated at the same table as CJ, Bob, F Train and TripJax.

Level 1: Bob won a big hand with AA. FEAR Bobby Bracelet!! I pretty much folded everything in this round.

Level 2: I got KK and raised. Easycure reraised me and I moved all in. He called with AT and I doubled up. A King even hit the flop for me. I had T2735 and moved into 3rd place.

Level 3: F Train pushed me out of a big pot preflop. I folded TT, 77, and 77 when I missed the flops. My QQ lost to A3o and I was down to T1865. I got AA and raised. Bob came over the top of me with QQ. I moved all in and Bob called. I severely shortstacked Bob in this hand. I was back up to T3730 and 4th place.

Level 4: I should've been KO'd in this level. I bad beated Sean. He flopped a set of 2's. I flopped top pair with my AJo. I foolishly called his all in reraise on the flop. The board was 2-T-A at the time. I runner runnered a straight on him when a K and Q hit. Sean was pretty shortstacked after I sucked out on him. Sorry Sean. Bob got KO'd in this hand. Sorry Bob. I had T7940 and was the chip leader. The break hit and I was in 2nd place. ABVidale was in 1st.


Level 5: I won a big hand with AK and had T9529. I folded everything else.

Level 6: Paul was moved to my table. He got KO'd shortly after he took a pretty bad beat. His KK lost to FTrain's QTo. F Train hit a boat and Paul was shortstacked. Paul also lost a big pot when his QJs ran into AA. I folded KJo and would've won the pot. Oh well. Paul finished in 23rd. Damn.

Level 7: It was down to 2 tables now. I had T8879. I limped folded a lot of hands in this level and fell down to T6779. I won a big hand with KQs and bumped my stack back up to T9279.

Level 8: KK won a nice sized pot for me and I was in 2nd place. The break hit.

Level 9: T11,250 - I limped folded a few times in this level. I got KK once again and won a nice pot. The final table started and I was in 7th place. I laid down a big hand against ABVidale. He moved all in with QQ and I folded JJ. Whew!

There was 8 people left and I was the shortstack. I moved all in AJo and lost to PokerPundit's A7o when he hit trip 7's. I got KO'd and finished in 7th place. Damn! Oh well. I had fun. I also got lucky as hell.

Congrats to ABVidale
for winning the tournament! Well done. He beat Poker Pundit heads up. Nice job guys. On_thg finished in 3rd place. He had a nice showing yet again. Congrats guys!

Good luck to Bob and ABVidale! We'll be rooting you guys on in the event.

Thanks Iggy and Otis!

4 Comments:

At 5/01/2005 11:45 PM, Blogger Pauly said...

Good job at making the final table. And it's DR PAULY to you... pal.

 
At 5/02/2005 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remember doubling you up in Level 2, weird. I played well after that and finished in 13th. Great job, Derek.

Easycure

 
At 5/02/2005 12:21 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Enjoyed playing at the same table. You played well. EasyCure killed me softly.

Have always enjoyed your blog...remiss in not having linked you...but doing so today.

See you on the felt soon...

TripJax
Poker In Arrears

 
At 5/02/2005 7:29 PM, Blogger Joe Speaker said...

Nice finish Derek. Enjoyed playing with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home