Welcome to Derek's Poker Blog

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Iwo Jima and Lord Admiral

I'm back from the wedding. My entire body hurts right now. I haven't felt like this since college. Even trips to Vegas don't hurt me as bad as this trip to Maine did. My week long trip was so damaging, I definitely shaved a week off my life for every day I was there. And I had fun doing it!!

I'm so excited for my friend. He threw the best wedding ever. It was definitely the best one I've been to. I hear it's going to make it into one of those wedding magazines. lol. It was unreal. Plus, I didn't blow my speech which was a bonus.

The USS Iwo Jima was parked outside my hotel window which was cool. There were thousands of sailors and marines walking around town all week trying to get drunk or laid. I don't think the city of Portland knew what they were in for this week. Between us and the armed forces, we took the town over.

I got back home to see I made Lord Admiral's blog of the week . . . nice! Anyway, check out some of the appearances that Paul has made since the WSoP started. Jeez . . . I go away for a week and see that Doyle Brunson has won his 10th bracelet too. Wow!! Too bad for Phil!

3 Comments:

At 7/05/2005 6:12 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Welcome back!

Nice to hear you didn't blow the speech, I was a little worried.

:)

 
At 7/07/2005 5:35 PM, Blogger ChaseNFold said...

Going to a friends wedding is cool. Just keep it that way. Don't have one yourself.

 
At 7/07/2005 5:36 PM, Blogger ChaseNFold said...

Pee Ess. I just added you to my blog roll. Sorry I hadn't already. Welcome to the Lord Admiral Blog of the Week club. I have an official badge for your site of your interested.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home