Welcome to Derek's Poker Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Drunk, Bloated, and Sweaty . . . .

is no way to go through life but it was a great way to spend this past weekend. Bob and I hung out again on Saturday. We woke up pretty late on Saturday, so we didn't make it over to the Belmont for the races. Afleet Alex won again! It was an exciting race. I have an OTB up the block from me and I also have the OTB channel so Bob and I decided skip Belmont and take advantage of the action going on up the block.

We ate a Greek Diner before heading over to place our bets. Chicken wings and bacon cheesburgers rule!!! Thank goodness the diner and OTB had air conditioning. I don't have one so it gets pretty brutal at my place. The summer weather in NYC sucks ass so not having an AC is very sadistic. It's so freakin' humid here. 80 degrees in NYC is far worse than 120 degrees in Vegas. So picture trying to sleep in my top floor apartment with no AC. Torture comes to mind. Though, outside isn't much better.

The OTB was filled with a bunch of old white guys, a ton of minorities and a bunch of handicapped people (mentally and physically). The female quotient was about 40/60 which was funny. A bunch of portly black women were hootin' and holler'in at the TV sets. The only thing missing was a wet T-shirt contest and some cocktail waitresses!

There are 2 odds things about OTB these days. You can not smoke there anymore (it's NYC) and there's several signs posted that remind the patrons that urinating is not allowed in any stairwells or within public view. Such activity is retricted to the restroom or in your own domicile. Wow . . . people need to be reminded not to do that? lol. The night before, while leaving one of the cards rooms, Bob and I pissed in that building's stairwell (just out of view of the security cameras too). I guess people DO need to be reminded!

So, we placed a bet for BG too and took off back to my place to drink and get a little wasted before heading out. We won a little money on the 11th race but narrowly missed out on a big pay day when one of our horses crapped out and finished in 4th.

After the races, we headed to the Heartland Brewery in midtown and sampled a bunch of their beers (8 kinds) and stuffed our faces. Bob had a nice rib eye and I had Lobster bisque with a BBQ quesadilla & mashed potatoes. Who da thought the Mexican food would be better here than at the Mexican restaurant we went to the night before. Figures. The best Mexican food I've eaten in NYC is run by Chinese immigrants. That's NYC for you! So as you can see, I spent most of the weekend wasted, sweating and bloated from eating too much food. I couldn't think of a better way to spend the weekend with a WSoP player.

I forgot to mention a funny story from Friday night. I'm not sure if Bob remembers it but I'll tell it anyway. We were at this bar drinking and there were a few girls pounding margaritas next to us. Two blondes wedged their way in between us and the drunk girls. Within a minute, one of the drunk girls spills her margarita all over one of the blondes. A lot of the drink landed on the girl's feet. She had a brand new peticure and new sandals on. She was a little pissed her feet were sticky and her shoes might get ruined. Bob jumped in and gave her some good party advice. He said, "You know what you got to do now, right? You have to spill something less sticky like water or vodka on your feet to clean that mess up." Solid advice!! lol. The girl giggled and said thanks. I guess she wasn't aware of whose presence she was in . . . Bobby Bracelet!

Next weekend . . . Atlantic City with Bob and a bunch of other action junkies.

2 Comments:

At 6/13/2005 10:25 AM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

One of your best posts...I love OTB!!!!

 
At 6/13/2005 8:45 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Girls never seem to understand just how amazing it is to be graced with my presence.

Some day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home