Welcome to Derek's Poker Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Down $100 and Already Hungover

Bob and I just got back from taking Manhattan by storm. We ate some really bad Mexican food and drank a decent amount of alcohol in a short span. We hit Caroline's Comdey Club and then did a dial-a-shot with AlCan'tHang after the set was done. After the SoCo shots (we had 3 each), it was time for some good old fashioned illegal gambling!

We hit a card room in the Chinatown area (our dealer was Asian too). The guys at our NL table were horrible poker players. If we had more time to play, we would've cleaned up. The term "loose" doesn't properly capture or describe the play at our table. I saw one guy move all in with K7o. Another guy was raising in EP with 85o. There were way too many bad hands shown down to the river. I have a feeling that Bob and I were the only ones folding hands with one A or one paint. It was that bad.

Bob moved all in on the flop with AJ and lost his stack to K-medium. I won a big pot with the Hiltons against Q4o (yes, you read that correctly . . . Q4o). After I raised preflop, some clown reraised me and I moved all in. He thinks for a little bit and in all seriousness, he looks over at me and asks if I want action. lol. I looked back and said, "Yes and no." The idiot called and doubled me up. In the very next hand, I lost my entire stack. I was on the button and it was 3 handed. I raised and got one caller. I bet to a check on the flop and got reraised. I knew the guy was trying to steal the pot because he bitched about me blind stealing when I raised preflop. I moved all in on the flop with nothing. I had J8. The guy called and flipped over J7. Unfortunately, I lost when a 7 hit the board. I was hoping to re-steal the pot but he had me covered and called. Ouch. Our table broke up and most people took off for the night. Bob and I both lost our buy ins tonight but at least we got to piss in a building stairwell before the night was over.

2 Comments:

At 6/12/2005 12:23 AM, Blogger Pauly said...

Awesome story.

 
At 6/12/2005 6:07 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

I could have sworn that was a port-a-pottie...Oops!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home