Welcome to Derek's Poker Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Atlantic City

Strange days.

I just spent a couple of days in AC and I did not gamble. Huh?

I decided to take the Greyhound bus out to AC on Friday night. I was looking to hang out with a bunch of fellow degenerates.

On the subway ride to the Port Authority bus station, I saw these two girls looking over at me.

I noticed them as soon as they stepped onto the subway. It was one of the stops in Harlem. They were wearing name tags which was weird.

One of them walked over and sat down in between me and some guy. She kept looking over at the both of us like she wanted to say something.

She finally leaned over and said something.

It was to the other guy though. Normally I would kick myself for not saying something first. Her friend was hotter so I wasn't too bummed out. The friend was sitting across from us. I thought about moving over there to sit next to her instead. That's when I heard the girl sitting next to me say the magic words.

Those magic words were "Jesus Christ."

My interest . . . as well as my boner . . . went away fast. I finally got a good glimpse of the tag that both girls were wearing. It said The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She proceeded to grill this poor guy and tell him about her love for Jesus.

Boy did I dodged the bullet on that one. I felt so damn lucky at that moment. She picked the right guy to go after because he fell for her religious pitch hook, line and sinker.

ABC.

Sister Teresa knew how to close.

I felt like I was part of a prop bet between the two Mormon girls. I came out the winner on this bet though.

Sorry J.C.

That was all the gambling I would need and I hadn't even made it out of NYC.


* * * * *

I met up with F Train, Karol, Dawn, Mary, Soxlover, Jordan and some of the Crackhouse peeps.

We witnessed a cat fight at the Borgata B Bar. Unfortunately, not a single nipple made an appearance.

Some girl spilled a drink on another girl. A few glasses broke and after some pushing security swooped in and broke it up. Booooo.

No ACH or Big Mike sightings yet.


* * * * *

I didn't have a room booked for the weekend. Soxlover was nice enough to let me stay in his room at the Borgata on Friday night.

He was staying with a wild man named Kwang (spelling?). He won over $6,000 playing craps and let us both crash in his comped room. He was a pretty funny guy. Him and Soxlover were cracking me up. They kept goofing on each other to no end. Funny ass shit.

Much appreciated guys. Thanks!


* * * * *

On Saturday, Sirs ACH and Big Mike showed up at the Borgata. Maigrey arrived shortly afterwards too. She drank with us for a bit then headed over to the poker room with most of the gang.

I drank all day with ACH and Mike at the B Bar and then later the Gypsy Bar. Al knew the band that was playing in the Gypsy bar. Lots of fun.

I also got a chance to hang out with Hoyazo at the bar. He played in the Caesar's circuit event for most of the day.

After getting wasted all day, I realized I hadn't gambled once. Sick.

Everyone made their way over to the Showboat's House of Blues at 10pm for a happy hour that the I Had Outs girls set up.

After trying to drink with Al and Big Mike drink for drink, I was starting to get a hangover fast and the night was still young.

Drunk mode quickly switched to Drink lots of water mode.

Thankfully, I did not puke.


* * * * *

My excessive water drinking was the key to not puking. So was my dinner.

What did I eat that helped?

Al, Big Mike and myself went to the Borgata's Noodles of the World to chow down. That's where I heard the best two words of the weekend.

Bacon Rolls.

Big Mike ordered that appetizer just as my eyes saw it on the menu.

We each got a plate of them with our meal.

Crispy Bacon, ground shrimp, and water chestnuts fried with wasabi cream sauce on the side.

Truly fantastic.

Thank you Jesus.


* * * * *

My Saturday night ended at the Tropicana. Al, Big Mike and myself went there on a recon mission for a future bachelor party spot. We hung out at the Red Square for bit.

Saturday night at the Trop = lots of drunk hot Jersey girls.

After chilling at the Trop, we decided to head back to the hotel. Al let me crash in his room. He had an extra bed. Thanks Al!

On the way out of the Trop, we hit the restroom near the poker room. I thought I heard a girl in one of the stalls. Maybe I was just really wasted and hearing things.

Not likely.

A blonde girl exits the men's room shortly after me.

Al comes out shortly after her and proclaims that some guy was getting a hummer in one of the bathroom stalls.

Awesome.

We headed back to the hotel and ended the night eating two pizzas.

Good times I say.

Thanks to the Philly crew for everything this weekend. You guys rock!

3 Comments:

At 3/12/2007 1:23 PM, Blogger AlCantHang said...

Sweet dreams of those bacon rolls. Good stuff.

 
At 3/12/2007 6:13 PM, Blogger F-Train said...

it really was a lame cat fight, wasn't it? sometimes security is just too damn good at their jobs.

 
At 3/28/2007 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You run good man. First you dodge jesus freak, then you score bacon rolls, one of the greatest food creations ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home