Welcome to Derek's Poker Blog

Monday, April 17, 2006

Hammer . . . . Out Cancer

Many thanks to everyone who participated in last night‘s charity event on Full Tilt. Easycure raised a nice amount of money!

Last night, I made my first final table with my brother. Paul finished in 2nd and FrankL won the event. Congrats guys!


Standings


I finished in 9th place and had a blast. I never should’ve made the final table. I was 36 out of 36 remaining players and had only T105 in chips after I lost a big pot with KT vs. KJ.

Luckily I went on a run and had over T9,000 in chips before the next break. I made it to 4th in chips at one point.

I was eventually KO’d at the final table when I moved all-in with the hammer. I got two callers including the Good & Plenty Champion. My opponents had AK and KQ. What were they thinking calling a hammer raise?? I out flopped them but lost when a K hit the turn. Ouch!



Behold . . .

2 Comments:

At 4/18/2006 10:10 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

That was classic, and it was great being at a final table with you.

 
At 4/18/2006 1:51 PM, Blogger StB said...

Just another donkey drawout by me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home