Welcome to Derek's Poker Blog

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Straight Flush

I got lucky on Party Poker the other day and caught a straight flush. I won a decent sized pot with it too. I was dealt Qd 6d in the BB and checked preflop. The flop came down 4d-5d-8d. I flopped a flush and checked. So did everyone else. I needed a 7d to make the straight flush. The turn card was a 3d. There were some feeler bets placed out by the competition. I just called. I had an open ended straight flush draw now. I needed a 2d or a 7d now to make my hand. A 7d came out on the river. It was checked to me and I bet half the pot. Some guy with the Ad raised. I re-raised and put him all in. He called and I showed my 8 high straight flush. Nice!!! I had to fish for it. Can you blame me??

2 Comments:

At 1/09/2005 9:24 PM, Blogger Maudie said...

Congratulations! Great feeling, isn't it? 8^)

 
At 1/09/2005 10:12 PM, Blogger Ignatious said...

woohoo! way to go, d. i go fishing for str flushes every chance i get. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home