Welcome to Derek's Poker Blog

Sunday, July 04, 2004

Multi-Table tourney

I've been playing in these really cheap No Limit Multi-table online tournaments. The odds of winning are tough. Usually over 1,000 people enter. First place pays over $1,000 in money. It's a grind but it's good practice. Nowadays, the major tournaments that you see on TV have almost as many people competing. I think a buy-in is worth it every once in a while to gain some good experience in competing against a large field like that. I usually finish in the top 100 or 200 out of 1,000. Not bad since I just started playing online in May. Don't get me wrong, there are times when I've finished much closer to 1,000 than I would like to admit but more often than not I hold my own. Last week I did my best and actually finished in the money. I lasted over 4 hours and finished in 27th place. It was the best I've ever done in this tourney. I won some money which was great but I wish I had my hands on the $1,500 in 1st place prize money. 4 hours is a lot of time to spend staring at a computer screen and only finishing in 27th place. Thank goodness for television and other things. The guy who won 1st place must have been a happy camper that night. I'll blog more about specific hands and situations later. More to follow . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home